Certainly! Here’s a concise and original recipe for “Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion, and Garlic”:
- 4 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 slices of bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional for heat)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Start by heating a large skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced bacon to the hot pan and cook until it becomes crispy, usually about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the bacon from the pan, using a slotted spoon, and place it on a paper towel-lined plate to drain the excess grease.
- In the same pan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Allow it to melt and combine.
- Add the chopped onion to the pan and sauté for about 3-4 minutes, or until it becomes translucent and starts to turn golden.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute until fragrant.
- Now, add the thinly sliced cabbage to the pan. Toss it with the onions and garlic to coat it with the bacon drippings and oil mixture.
- Season the cabbage with 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, and optional red pepper flakes for some heat. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pan. Allow the cabbage to cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it becomes tender and slightly caramelized.
- Once the cabbage is cooked to your desired level of tenderness, stir in the crispy bacon pieces.
- Remove the pan from heat, garnish with chopped fresh parsley, and serve hot.
Enjoy your delicious Fried Cabbage with Bacon, Onion, and Garlic! This dish makes a fantastic side dish for a variety of meals or a flavorful stand-alone dish.